Airline Pilot Career Programs for International Students
Chico Flight Training Professional Pilot Programs are conducted in accordance with FAA 14 CFR Part 141, and applicable CAAC, CAAV, EASA, JCAB, and DGCA Standards.
English is the de facto language of aviation. All Nonnative English-speaking students will begin instruction in Chico Flight Training with an immersive English as a Second Language (ESL) course, with emphasis on Aviation Language, taught at the American Language & Culture Institute, California State University, Chico.
“Chico Flight Training specializes in meeting needs particular to International Students and their Airline Sponsors.”
Training International Students to high levels of competency requires additions to the standard Professional Pilot Curriculum to ensure the best outcome possible for each student; therefore, all Nonnative English-speaking students will begin instruction at Chico Flight Training with an immersive English as a Second Language (ESL) course with emphasis on Aviation Language, taught at the American Language & Culture Institute, California State University, Chico.
Students of all Nations! You Are Welcome Here!
The faculty, staff, and students of the American Language and Culture Institute on the Chico State campus welcome you to learn at our University. We are an inclusive program and believe in active student engagement, the free expression of ideas, unity through diversity and every person’s right to a good, healthy lifestyle. Join us and discover our welcoming community.
Located on the campus of California State University, Chico, we offer five, seven-week sessions of intensive English language instruction per year to international students of all proficiency levels, from beginning to advanced. Our faculty and staff can support your transition from an intensive English language program to an academic program at Chico State or to other colleges and universities in the United States.
We provide general English language skills for your personal and professional growth, as well as an introduction to American culture and the higher education system in California and the United States. Find out why thousands of students around the globe have found Chico to be an excellent place to learn English and prepare for their academic success.
Come to a great University, enjoy beautiful Northern California, meet new friends, and improve your English! #YouAreWelcomeHere
ALCI Chico Features
• A safe, beautiful campus, in an affordable, California college town.
• Excellent faculty presenting high-value intensive English language courses and a proven curriculum
• Small classes with individual attention from experienced faculty and friendly staff.
• Conditional admission and access to regular University degree programs and courses for qualified students.
• Use of campus facilities including computing, library, health center, recreation, and sports facilities.
• Great housing options. Affordable dorms, apartments, and homestays.
• Full schedule of fun, social, recreational and cultural activities.
• Year-round instruction with a full schedule of courses.
• Conversation partners to help you practice your English with native speakers.